Monday, December 28, 2009

First Christmas


Samantha had a great first Christmas.

I took her and Skylar to the mall to see Santa. Sam was so cute just staring at the jolly fat man in a red suit. Even gave him a few smiles....until I put her on his lap. Then came the screams and tears. No matter how close me or Skylar were it didn't matter. She was not having any part of it.

We tried again Christmas Eve when Papa put on his Santa suit. Once again, as long as mommy was holding her she was o.k., but try and put her on his lap and it was instant crying and tears again. Still managed to get a couple shots that weren't to horrible.

Maybe next year we will have her watch Papa getting into the suit. Who knows.

I had to wake Samantha up on Christmas morning since everyone else was up and waiting on her so we could begin. She wasn't really ready, so mama and Samantha cuddled and watched everyone for a bit.


Samantha wasn't really into the presents so much as the shiny bows and ribbons. While we were all unwrapping our second and third packages she was still on her first...looking at the bow.

Or eating the wrapping paper was another of her favorites.

Of course she did like the presents once I eventually opened all her presents.

She got a pink pony from Santa.

Uncle Dan got her a car/walker toy. She can't get up on them yet, but she does like being on them. I am sure in a few months she will be all over the place.

Samantha enjoyed playing with everyone the most I think. Crawling after everyone.

Climbing all over mommy.

It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment