Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Doctor appointment this morning

Well thought I would up date on my progress. Only two more scheduled appointments left, and I am done. It seems that each time I go in something else goes wrong.

Last week I had two tests done 1-the GBS(group B strep)test
2-blood work to test for preeclampsia

Today I found out that I am positive for GBS....which means I have to have antibiotics during labor and delivery.

And then I also had to have another test for preeclampsia. I also had to sit for 2o minutes and have the baby monitored to make sure she wasn't in any stress, which WOO HOO!!! she is doing great. It's just the mommy that isn't. They are worried about me having preeclampsia because I have been having a lot of headaches and high blood pressure,getting light headed and have protein in my urine(geez when I do it I do it good huh). So they are running a few more tests and I have to go back in on Friday for another checkup and talk about the results. Hopefully all will go well, but until then my midwife put me on bed rest. So Skylar is with Gammy and Papa for the week until we find out more. So that was my appointment today. Great huh? I am so ready for Samantha to come out, and depending on Fridays results, they might decide to induce labor or just keep me on bed rest until I go into labor naturally. Guess I just have to wait until Friday.

1 comment:

  1. oh no!!! well keep me updated... and if you need anyone to talk to while you are laying in bed all day please call me!! :)
    cant wait for lil samantha to get here!! i wanna see pics!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete